Wednesday, June 06, 2018

The How

I find that often times I feel adrift. It is as if I have no bearings, there are too many choices, I can not see "the lesser of two evils", or I can not see that there is ANY choice. I can end up feeling stuck, as if there is no way forward. It can make a difficult situation you know you need to "fix" all th e harder to get out of. Being as imperfect as I am I do find myself ready to just accept my life, the situations in it as permanent, unchangeable. Getting into my head like this can make me want to shut down and just not engage any of it anymore because for f*ck sake nothing is to be done about it anyway. And honestly, I am so mentally driven that when I get into this kind of head space my emotions get cut off almost automatically.

It isn't enough in these moments to say to myself that I want better, or different or more. It isn't enough to mantra " You can do this!" or "Everything will work out in the end." More mental acrobats is NOT what I need at this point. The only real way out is to engage in a different way. I find for myself that I have to drop the need to "figure it out now" and allow it to unfold. I know from repeated experiences with this state of mind that if I just allow it to be what it is as long as I keep taking the next step in front of me with the intention of getting clarity, at some point that clarity will come.

Going forward with this thought rooted in my mind I also engage in allowing the "answer"  to show up in any way that it might. It could come in a dream, a conversation with someone, something I read or watch. Allowing the possibility to exist that I can get intuitive guidance to what I need at any time and in any place opens up more potential for me. The other thing I find I need to engage in is the suspension of disbelief that the information I have come across, the situations where I get a little spark of an idea, that if I approach my problem from this standpoint I could find resolution is an opportunity and not just me magically creating an answer where one does not exist. In many ways this is all a lesson and exercise in TRUST. I have to trust myself, I have to trust that I do not need to force an answer or solution and trust that there is a flow of wisdom available to me.

I can't say this is necessarily an easy thing, especially not at first. The logic we have come to rely in has all kinds of reasons why this is not even remotely possible, is a figment of your imagination and utter nonsense. For me it came to the point however, that I recognized my thinking, my "logic" had not only not gotten me any real solutions but had also painted me into a whole lot of corners, and I was feeling trapped, claustrophobic and defeated. I realized it couldn't be relied on for everything I actually needed to get to where it was necessary for me to be.

Sooo... How will you know where to go for that resolution, that solution, that one next step in front of you? Drop the need to control everything. Drop suspicions that prevent connecting to a higher wisdom than the thinking that got you where you are now. Drop limiting yourself to what you already know. And consider just briefly that the Universe/ The Divine/ God is constantly speaking to you through the world around you; even through those nudges to do this, go here, speak to that person.

After that, all you have to do is listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment