Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A Higher Vision

I woke up today in a state of anticipation and excitement to see how the day would unfold. And it is not that there is some event I am expecting or waiting for so much as I have come to appreciate through this evolution of healing and stumbling that the walk along the path is an adventure of sorts. I am in a process of unfolding the beliefs I have clung to that kept me trapped in my own pain. I am finding m freedom. Each day I wake up I do not know what will cross my path. What form of liberation will I find, what new strength can I wake just out of my own willingness to fight? How might all this possibility I have opened the door up to by virtue of extricating myself from my past show up to me today?

I had this revelation of sorts on 5/19/18, so Saturday, as I was opening my eyes from sleep.I grabbed one of my many notebooks and began scribbling this down lest I forget. You should see my notes, no glasses on while writing, still bleary eyed.

When someone crosses your path they are SUPPOSED to be there. It doesn't matter if the interaction is good, bad or indifferent. You know they definitely are there for you in particular, if they need help in some way and ask for it. If it is a good interaction it is easy to engage in a way that is positive and feels good. If it is indifferent, if they seem apathetic to you, it is a little harder to smile and be kind. If they are flat out hostile, judgemental, aggressive it can seem stupid to engage in anything but defensiveness back. The idea came to my mind though that if we think about all the millions of moments, the series of choices and sidesteps, of left turns instead of right that had this particular person cross our path... If we add to that all our choices, all our thoughts, our emotions, our beliefs  which lead us to the precise moment we cross their path... Is it possible the moment, no matter how brief, might be an opportunity?

If people are engaging with us maybe they have been drawn into our path for a reason. Maybe it is all Lord of the Rings and the sweet ebbs of mythology, fate or destiny has a hand at play? How fantastic might it be if we experienced that kind of wonder not just in the pages of books, or on movie screens but in life? But even if you can't get on board with that, do consider this...

I stead of resisting any negativity or reaction you get from someone use it as the opening of a door or opportunity. You might get to engage with them in a way that allows you to practice being your best version even in difficult weather. And maybe just maybe,that gives you the chance to change their perspective, the trajectory of the interaction and the outcome. Maybe you being there might help them in some way if you show up in the best way possible. Maybe it is help only you can give. Maybe you have the words they need to hear that no one else might speak because of who you are and what life has taught you. Maybe the Universe/Fate/Destiny saw you there in all you might offer to the situation and your willingness to do so could be the butterfly causing the tsunami on the other side of the world. Maybe every interaction you  find yourself in is a request by some flow of the Universe to offer up to someone else a little of the good in you that it might spread that good a little further. And maybe, even if they don't know it, they can then pay it forward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment